I feel like I could crash. Today after my final I felt that camp high. The feeling of pushing through something bigger and harder than you thought you could survive. I survived. The last three weeks have been filled with thirty hour work weeks, a summer class, homework, tests, reading, pre-wedding parties for a friend...and a bit of sleep sprinkled in between.
It's in the moments of pushing so hard and feeling so weak that the noise of life turned down and the presence of Jesus became so much greater. That's my favorite feeling. It is almost as if I'm too tired to hear anything else.
"It was the hardest thing I've ever done and the best thing".
That is starting to make sense. Sometimes there are things (realtionships, jobs, circumstances etc.) that are just so incredibly painstakingly hard. Yet the rewards are so much greater. Going through these challenging weeks/seasons makes me realize the reward of hard work and being faithful to what God has called. If he calls, he will provide.
That, my favorite people, is my post-Foundations of Family Therapy Summer 2009 class take-away.
No comments:
Post a Comment