Monday, June 7, 2010

On the road

It's commonly thought that leaving is easier than being left.  Yet today, I found it particulary hard to leave.  I was going to leave for Montana yesterday, then I was going to leave this morning at 6am, finally at 10:30am I rolled onto Lake Cook Road headed towards the highway.  I decided to be silent for the first couple hours, which was good.  It did not take long for the tears to roll down.  I am looking forward to this summer in Montana for a million reasons, yet the tears were a affirmation of the love I have in Chicago. I am confident that God is going to do a good work this summer in Montana.  I look forward to telling you all about it. 

Lastly...some highlights from the car trip thus far
  • Tyler Perry's book on tape - I am laughing out loud in my car!
  • The Hoover Memorial library in West Branch, IA
  • A doppio con panna (coffee) at the Java House in Iowa City
  • Seeing Kris Allen (yes, the American idol!) walk infront of my car in Iowa City!  :)
  • The green hills and trees as back drop to the trip
  • A good run tonight at the hotel before crawling into bed.

No comments: