Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chinese New Year

A new year is approaching, and this new year brings with it a new adventure.  Ever since I've graduated college I've talked about going to China to teach English.  Through a variety of circumstances, it looks like it's going to happen.  And soon!  It is still slightly surreal, but God has a way of working out the details while I just stand back in awe.  I've talked to two dear friends of mine today who are both living in China.  I'll hopefully get to meet up with them and see their lives across the ocean.  I also have a friend who is doing the same program that I will be doing, and he is setting me up with insider tips, and advice from one who is where I will be!  Though I feel like I know nothing, I've plenty of people who are giving me guidance and wisdom for when I go.  I have my fears, hesitations, and anxieties - but I'm surrendering them to the Lord and praying for direction, strength, and peace.  

So here is to a New Year...a Chinese New Year.      

2 comments:

Mom Keena said...

Sounds like exciting things are awaiting you in the new year! So glad you to see this dream come true!

Bekah said...

That is awesome!! Cant wait to hear the details and follow along on your blog!!