I love it when that happens.
Last night I ended the day sharing with my mom how I was not looking forward to today. There were many unknowns, it was a different schedule than my normal workday, different kids...different challenging dynamics between kids...ugh.
I left the classroom with my older kids at 9:30 this morning trying to decide how to kill half an hour. A game of Chutes and Ladders later we walked back into the classroom to a Hawiian party in full swing! Lei's were properly draped, blankets wrapped around as "grass skirts", and a dance contest happenin. Everyone, including my older kids, were enjoying our time on the beach.
My biggest moment of praise was being outside at the park and watching two of my kids who do NOT get along play "pretend" together. They are both older, big and they regularly get in some mean fights. Today they not only played "pretend" together but I also caught them having a regular ol' conversation while we walked down the hall. Not a single fight between them all day!
I think I'm amazed because so often I think I know what the day will hold. In my job now when I think I "know" I'm usually fearful of having a terrible day. Yet today was one of those days when I had many "I LOVE my job" moments. Amazing.
Just a little shout-out and thanks to God for being so much bigger than what I think I "know". Walking by faith - it's for the faint of heart. :)
| My fellow Hawiian teachers |
2 comments:
Your job rocks.
Those are the best kind of days!
Post a Comment