#12 Run the Chicago Marathon
Thanks to the support and encouragement of my friend Susan, I registered for the Chicago Marathon last Sunday.
Two days later registration closed.
Registration opened and closed in a record number six days.
Last year registration closed in 31 days.
45,000 people is the max registration.
Amazing.
So, in honor of my long Saturday morning runs I walked over to my gym and peered at the treadmills. Dread was pouring through my pores. I had no desire to run six miles on the piece of machinery while it was sunny outside, even if it wasn't quite above zero degrees.
So, I walked out of the gym, back to my house and bundled up for a long, Chicago winter run.
One hour later I found myself still smiling and enjoying the run in the sun (aside from the slight pain in my right knee...)
And, as a perk a car honked their horn at me and gave me cheering arms while I was running.
Those Chicagoans, they encourage my crazy cold runs.

2 comments:
Wow! You are some runner, girl!
Post a Comment