Order is good. As one who often lives spontaneously and randomly I crave order. This is why I have a cute planner to motivate me to write in it. The need for order is why I have an organized binder for school. Awhile back a friend taught me a way to order my thoughts of God while on a run. It is to go through the alphabet and ascribe truths beginning with each letter. Though I do get distracted, this helps me in my runs, quiet times etc. A couple days ago I wrote the following:
God, you are...
Awesome - in the brilliant sun rise this morning at 5:30am on the way to work.
Beatuiful - in the tulips by the train tracks and the green grass at school.
Caring - in the way you care for every little chick in our garage, and even more so in you care for your children even more.
Delight - in your children, laughing with Doug & Danae after work.
Eternal - not termporary. This truth keeps me focused beyond the troubles of today.
Faithful - need I say more?
Generous - in providing delicious food for us (thinking of the pastry case I organized this morning at sarbucks right now...)
What are some that come to mind for you?

1 comment:
Andrew
Bethany
Christa
Danae
Emily
Grace
David
It almost works!
tons!
Post a Comment