Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Green Apron Moments

Working at an international super power coffee shop has its ups and downs. I often find myself complaining to friends and family about the hardships and woes. There are times though I find myself thinking "I really do enjoy this job sometimes..." Some recent highlights include..

  • A potential drug deal involving a guy in blue and black leggings, swapping of envelopes and me trying to get the license plate number of the car (after unsuccessfully jump starting another customers car).
  • Our beloved golf pro just left for Florida for three months...he will be back in March...he made sure and said 'good-bye' to all of us.
  • Making up rapper names for the night crew...McDub-no-pickle; T-bone; and mine... Bumble Bee (I know, not too tough or gangsta...just wait till you hear the raps though).
  • Talking about the difference between believing and knowing God with a very existential, fudge-brownie loving customer
  • Being asked by (multiple) customers how my big paper was going. (It's done, thanks). That in itself was pressure to finish the paper!

I feel like the highlights shared show a weak glimpse into the shift of a barista at my store. I do have so much fun with the people I work with. My abs are now stronger because of the laughing that goes on...fun times, hard work...and lots of spilled milk.

2 comments:

Mom Keena said...

Sounds like you're making the best of an okay situation. You are good at that! And sounds like we may need to make up some gangsta names next week. See you soon!

Unknown said...

Wish I could see you at your post, maybe someday. Hope all is going well, we're praying for you!
-Ta