I'm currently sitting in a hotel room on a beach in Mexico. A small opprotunity that was offered in passing became reality and here I am. The question that has rolled over and over in my head is "What do I think I am doing?!" I like to have a purpose. A purpose for a vacation. A purpose for a finishing my Masters. In both of those things I do not see a purpose. Today I wondered, what if sometimes there is a purpose, I just don't know what it is. What if this spontaneous vacation is a time of healing. What if the Masters has a beautiful purpose that I am completely unaware of. (Besides the purpose of forcing me to grow up in some areas that needed some attention.) It's not like God told Job why he was suffering. All that to say...my thoughts today have humbled me in rememberance that I do not know (nor do I need to know) everything. As much as I may want, I may not always know the purpose of where I am at.

The ocean is huge. In case anyone forgot or has never seen it...it almost looks likea painting at first sight because of the vast size. In thinking about purpose, I've realized that surrender is necessary. Surrender that God is the only true god. Surrender that my life is His. The size of the ocean in its overwhelming size reminded me the more I willingly surrender my life to Christ, the less tired I will be from fighting.
1 comment:
Good thoughts! But then, you're good at that! Enjoy!
Post a Comment