Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bookends

Today is Saturday.

On Monday of this week I came to the library to work on a paper.  I sat at the only table open where I could look outside at the trees and be near an outlet for my laptop.  It was a particularly busy day at the Trinity library, and at some point a nice Asian man asked to join me.  I said 'yes'.  I was slightly sad because that meant none of my friends who I was sure would wander by and want to sit with me...could.  We were both there with our IBM thinkpads from early in the morning until dinner.  It wasn't so bad.

And here it is Saturday.  Friend Jayme and I came to study together and we ended up at the same table.  She left for work, I went outside the library for a minute, and when I came back...who should be at my table?  The same guy!  He looks tired today.  I feel tired today.  I think we would both rather be outside, or at the zoo, or taking a nap. 

1 comment:

Mom Keena said...

I think your summer will be filled with lots of lovely things. In fact, I think your whole life will be. I love you!