The first day of class can be an nerve-wrecking experience. But when you have a creative, fun partner teacher like I do, the day was one to look forward to. As one whose most recent job was a barista, I was overjoyed when my partner teacher suggested we bring an American coffee shop to our students. There are no coffee shops in our area. Instant coffee is the only coffee found at most grocery stores. There was so much to teach the students!
My partner teacher provided the atmosphere with chill music on her computer and American magazines. I provided a brief lecture on how to brew coffee. Together we served them from a thermos of pre-made coffee. Oh, the familiar feel of the infamous green apron!
Overall, the first day of teaching was a good one. I definitely had some bumps, and I feel like I am more prepared for next time. It is a rare occasion that my partner teacher and I bring our classes together and teach in the same classroom, so today was a treat.
 |
"Welcome to our Cafe, may I pour you a cup of
(instant, already mixed with milk and sugar) coffee?" |
 |
| Taking a sip break from a hard day of teaching. :) |
 |
| The caffeine did not take long to set in... |
 |
| My fellow "barista" and partner teacher. |
3 comments:
so so so cute!
See, you never know what life experiences will come in handy down the road. You took your Starbuck's apron with you? So glad you did!
your love for coffee is useful everywhere. love it!
Post a Comment