Thursday, May 26, 2011

Street Food

 One of my very favorite parts of China is the street food.  A short trek out of campus, across the bridge and on your right one will find a large alley filled with different vendors selling food made fresh on the spot.  There are seats and tables for people to sit and enjoy their meal.  There are men with their shirts pulled over their bellies after a big meal, women sneaking a cigarette while chasing children in their heels, and foreigners out for some fresh air, draft beer and non-cafeteria food.  I feel as if these pictures barely give you a picture of what it looks like...but I will post more pictures later.


Sweet Potato French Fries!  So delicious!

A 'onion-bread' type snack.
 It is cut into bite size pieces, a delicious finger food.




Everything in this cart is thrown into grease and fried.
Hot dogs, chicken, and little meat sandwiches.
Needless to say I've not visited here often. 

Strawberries, watermelon and cherries.
Watermelon is a favorite food here!



You can get a bit of different dishes and sit and enjoy. 

I found this terribly creepy, so I thought I'd take a picture.
They are children's rides outside a grocery store near street food.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm so glad that you are embracing this country and experiencing so much of it. Have I mentioned that I'm proud you and just might brag about my big sister in China all the time? I do.

The Unsung Scribe said...

You should update your blog. It has been too long.

The Unsung Scribe said...

Bethany, you are the only person I follow and you haven't updated your blog in a while. DO IT.