Monday, July 11, 2011

Ah, life...what a gift!

So, obviously it's taking me awhile to update.   I'm alive and kicking in the suburbs.

My last month in China was special.  There were many end of the year celebrations, graduation, and simple times of eating watermelon with friends.   Here are a few favorites pictures from the last month in China:

A blurry picture but a favorite memory!

The watermelon guys...they sold them out of this cooler on the street.
Opera in the park.  Every day there was some sort of music.
This is just a small glimpse of the crowd of onlookers
.

Dinner with students!
Sam cooked a delicious meal for  my  co-teacher and I. 

Could there be a cuter picture?!
She has a giant lotus leaf on her head.

Sweet friend, Wendy, who I miss.
This was on graduation day after she had given the Valedictorian speech.

Now I'm back in the U.S.A.  Home of the free.  It's been quite the adjustment.  I miss many aspects of China (food, people, slower culture) and yet I'm also glad to be closer to my family and in a country that speaks my language!

Since being home I've been busy looking for jobs, dog-sitting, reading biographies of missionaries and a little Hemingway.  Considering I do not have a job, I've been stretched in my faith.  The Lord continues continues continues to watch over and provide.  In between dog-sitting, baby sitting, and helping at a wedding I've made more money than I would have at Starbucks this past week.  Thank you, Lord!

I do think of things I'd like to write about...so there will be more blogs to come about books, life on the 'farm', singleness, faith... ah, life.  What a gift, You are!

2 comments:

D.R.C + D.E.C said...

I love these pictures! And I love you! Can't wait to hopefully see you soonish!

The Unsung Scribe said...

I am glad you FINALLY updated! I miss China too...