Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Power and the Glory

I realize I've been gone for awhile.

I had no idea how long I'd been gone until I logged on yesterday and began to read all my friends blogs.  I think it's been 29 days.  Which means yes, I've not been on all month.

With that aside, I've been thinking a lot this past week about the power and glory of God.

I've been working my way through Hebrews in the New Testament and was struck with the pictures it paints in chapter 12 about the power of God.

I thought "Man, I wish I could see the power and glory of God in my life"

And then this happened...

my handsome nephew was born on November 16th.  Over Thanksgiving I was able to hold him...



his beautiful big sister

and his handsome (even when pouty) big brother.


During the trip I was also able to see my other nephew born a mere 5 days later on November 21st after 35 hours of labor.  Not suprisingly, the little man had "transitional issues" and was kept in the hospital for another 5 days.



It was special to get to see him go from being in a hospital in cords to being in my arms at his house with no medical experts...just me, my sister and brother-in-law.


Baby safe at home with dad, mom & dog.



Now, I'm yet to be a full biblical research on the power and glory of God.

But in the past week of my life I've seen His power and glory in some very personal ways.

1 comment:

Mom Keena said...

I love the photos...some I have not seen. And I don't think I could ever see enough! I am so glad you got to be in OK for Thanksgiving. And yes, we witness the power and glory of God every day, if we'll look. I needed this reminder to look.