Yesterday I was on baby-duty. I was able to get in a run before Darius woke up at around 9am. (please note previous entry "Hilarious" for pictures). He is 11 months, teething and fighting an ear infection which means he needed lots of love. I tried to do homework for a bit while he was playing on the floor, but he would grab my book from me and insist on sitting on my lap. I can only complain so much... :) Then I went upstairs to make some breakfast and I was able to sit him down for a few precious moments before he came crawling over tugging on my leg to hold him. It was around this point when I thought..."I feel like a mom". It was my goal to keep him up till noon before laying him down for his nap. I had an hour and a half to go. There was nothing much to do other than play with him. It was good - I got nothing else done - but I enjoyed pouring into this creation of God. It felt very purposeful and eternal. So kudos to all you moms! I only had a day of it (Darius slept from noon till 4pm...I wiped him out!) but it was wonderful, exhausting, and fulfilling day!
Oh yes, and I got a small nap in too! :)
2 comments:
You made the right choice! :) Not all moms always take time to play with their kiddos, but I'm convinced it's the most important time of their day! And you even got a nap. Not all moms get that either! :)
Yes, I guess all those years of the "Mothers without Children" club are finally paying off! You're going to be a great mom, I can just see all your skinny little kids with thick brown hair sitting around your house reading... so cute! (send them over to Aunt Christa's when you want their hair braided!)
Love you!
Post a Comment