Have you listed all the times you tried?
Have you called on all your alibis
when somebody asks the question Why are you hiding?
Did you feel the pull, did you hear the call?
Did you take a chance and lose it all?
Do you fear there is no collateral after trying?
Even though your heart is raw
love is such a worthy cause.
Picking up and pressing on
love is still a worthy cause.
Like the touch that starts the thaw
love is such a worthy cause
Or the word that breaks the pause...
Love.
In the midst of pasing bravery
in the face of our own injury
its the constant generosity of grace.
Its the beauty in the tales we tell.
Its the pressing on and ending well
and the joy that comes when we give ourselves away.
And I love because you loved me when I had nothing.
Oh, I love because you loved me when I had nothing.
And I love because you loved me when I had nothing.
And I love because He loved me when I had nothing
When you count the cost and all seems lost
love is still a worthy cause.
when your pressing on and your strength is gone
love is still a worthy cause.
-Sara Groves
This is the song that most struck me on my run today. It challenges my attitudes towards relationships both past and present. It calls me to stand up and confront my fears and push pass hurt. This is also a extremely relevant song for the church. We as a church need to remember that love is still a worthy cause, with those inside and with those outside. Isn't that what Jesus called us to? Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment