...borrowed from a friends blog
“With educated people, I suppose, punctuation is a matter of rule; with me it is a matter of feeling. But I must say I have a great respect for the semicolin; it’s a useful little chap” - Abraham Lincoln
I love Abraham Lincoln even more after reading this.
4 comments:
"English usage is more than mere taste, judgment and education- sometimes it's sheer luck, like getting across the street." E.B. White
Did you see this post on PW? I found it entertaining.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2011/02/my-grammar-and-i/
Very good post! I love it! Ah grammar...if I had the patience I might learn thee!
somehow, i am not surprised that you liked this one :) you're so cute and quirky!
Hi, Bethany, Missed you at church and choir yesterday! Funny thing, someone brought me a choir binder because my name was in it, but turns out it was your missing binder! Remember I had given you my email address and that was in the pocket. I have the binder with me now. Suppose I should have left it at church. Let me know what to do. Sorry I wrote on your blog about this, but I couldn't find your email address. God bless! Eleay
Post a Comment