Thursday, September 3, 2009

come as you are

Today in the drive-through at starbucks I noticed a ladies hands as I handed her her drink. She had fake purple fingernails but some of the nails had fallen off. She lazily made eye contact, and I wondered if she felt self-conscious of her hands.

One of the beautiful thing about working at a coffee shop, is that people come in all shapes and sizes. Some come in the drive-through early in the morning with hair un-combed and make-up not yet applied. Then later they will walk in the store for their mid-afternoon caffiene fix with hair and make-up in place.

So, I had this thought as I was looking at this ladies hands today -the starbucks drive through is kinda like Jesus. People come as they are to the starbucks drive-through. Broken and beautiful. So i started humming a made up song thinking about how we should "come as you are" to Jesus.

I want people to be able to come to me as they are because they see Jesus' accepting, loving cup of coffee being extended to them.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I like this and I love you.

Unknown said...

Broken made Beautiful! Both of us are reminded of His faithfulness through our jobs!

Mom Keena said...

Beautiful post!

Kel said...

and THIS is why you work at starbucks!!- THIS IS LIVING OUT THE GOSPEL!!!! and i love it and i love you and i'm glad we're friends. and i love how God made you (it just happens to be a lot like me, lol, only you would laugh at that)