So, part of the program I'm in requires us to do a practicum. A practicum is comparable to a pre-internship. It's a time to get your feet wet, observe and learn about counseling.
At the practicum meeting in October the Counseling Center here at school presented the opportunity to do practicum at their sight. I was slightly intimidated and definitely not interested. The intimidation was followed with a feeling of conviction. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to grow and challenge myself.
So I interviewed last Thursday.
And I got it.
And I called mom, and she was excited.
And I am really excited. I kinda get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it.
So next semester I will be spending 8 hours a week in a healthy, Biblicaly centered environment learning what it means for me as an individual to become a counselor...or whatever it is the Lord is preparing me to be.
1 comment:
Dear Ms. Practicum,
YOU GO GIRL!!!
Sincerely,
Mother
Post a Comment