Monday, March 16, 2009

Thawing the Bones

Spring is springing in the suburbs of Chicago.

Today it was at least 60 degrees for a the second day in a row!

For those who have never lived North of St. Louis, in the winter one can get so cold that it is almost impossible to warm up. The phrase "chilled to the bone" comes to mind. Today I felt the winter chill begin to melt away. Similar to the snow that has melted and the grass that is turning green...so I feel like my "bones" are beginning to warm up. I sat in my warm car today for a bit and then I rested in the hammock outisde in the sun. All attempts to warm up. It's still chilly in the morning and at night, spring is not here yet...but it is on its way. And I feel it in my bones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got your note today, thanks so much! It's around 80 degrees down here, and my daffodils are peeking our of the dirt in my front yard. Yay for Spring! Yay for winter moving on!