One of my most favorite things in the world is a good book. Since coming home from China I've had a desire to soak in books about missionaries, and classic Christian literature. In my search for good books I found Moody Classics website. I wrote down a few reads to check out from the library.
Yesterday while enjoying dinner with a friend, he pulled out a stack of "gifts" he received from Moody publishers. And yes, it was a small assortment of the Moody Classics. He gave me two of them...and I can't even explain how excited I was!
Here are the two I walked away with:
I started reading Mueller's book last night and continued this morning! Mueller began an orphanage in Bristol England in the 1800's. He is known as a man of prayer and faith. He never asked for any money for his orphanages yet was always provided for. :) Love it! His books puts a humbling dependency on prayer and discerning God's will.
How appropriate for this little season we call life... :)
If you read the books, I'd love to hear your thoughts...Happy Reading!


2 comments:
i've always appreciated in you your love of books. i say i do but you really do. my [theoretical because i don't read] is henri nouwen and well written fiction. i bet you'll be done with yours before i am done with mine...let us know how it goes :)
I have read a book about Mueller, but not this one. The Lord used him magnificently; what a man of faith!
Post a Comment