7/17/2011
I wrote this earlier this week about last week….
I had a hard week this past week.
Anyone else?
It was a week filled with a lot of alone time, with nothing to do. This combination seems to be a breeding ground for lies and temptations in my life.
There was a lot of wrestling and giving into weaknesses. Sick. I made myself sick seeing my thoughts, actions, attitudes, callousness of heart…
But this is what I found.
When I would come to the Father with a broken heart over my sin, he forgave.
Every. Time. It was like a quiet steady drawing me to Himself with strong arms of support.
This is also what I’m learning – that it is the power of Christ in me that keeps me strong in the battle. The battle is already won – it was won at the cross[a].
What is “the battle”, you ask? The battle is the battle between serving my self and serving the Lord. That simple.
In the midst of the battles I called a friend to keep my struggles in the light. As opposed to keeping them in the dark where they gain control[b]. It was freeing, and I felt much less alone.
I just wanted to hear the gospel.
I wanted to hear that I am a sinner. I am never able be good on my own, no matter how hard I try[c].
I wanted to hear how Jesus came and suffered on earth. He suffered, and now I don’t suffer alone. He’s carried my cross. I don’t have to[d].
Because he carried the cross – there is forgiveness. Because of the forgiveness at the cross I am no longer under the chains of sin and desires but I know have same power that raised Christ from the dead. Amen & Hallelujah![e]
So now as a believer – I live broken at the foot of the cross knowing it is not on my own power, or good works, or perfect life that I gain salvation. But salvation comes through faith in the Son of God[f].
The church of God also called the Body – is called the Body for the very reason that we all work together. I am not alone. The other believers, the Body, are here with me lifting me up in prayer, reminding me of the gospel[g].
The gospel of Jesus Christ.
In the midst of all this I read this book:
The Calvary Road by Roy Hession
And all it really said was the previous thoughts over and over and over…just what my heart needed to hear.
Praise you, Lord, for the gospel of Jesus Christ. May I have a hunger for you, and a desire to submit to You as Lord. Amen? Amen.

1 comment:
Amen! Such wonderful truths!
Post a Comment